[comp.windows.x] Problem with Adobe New Century fonts in R3/R4

oneill@bass.bu.edu (Brian V O'Neill) (03/01/90)

I am having problems getting my Visual X-19 to recognize the Adobe New
Century Schoolbook fonts included with R3 and R4. It seems that it cannot
handle font names which have spaces in them. All I get is one entry for
-adobe-new, even though the full list of fonts and names are present in the
fonts.dir file.

This could be a problem with the X-19. Anybody else had a problem?

Brian O'Neill - Local Internet Access Account
Internet: oneill@bu-pub.bu.edu
UUCP    : ...!bu.edu!bu-pub!oneill

roma@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jon Roma) (03/01/90)

In article <53012@bu.edu.bu.edu> oneill@bass.bu.edu () writes:

>I am having problems getting my Visual X-19 to recognize the Adobe New
>Century Schoolbook fonts included with R3 and R4. It seems that it cannot
>handle font names which have spaces in them. All I get is one entry for
>-adobe-new, even though the full list of fonts and names are present in the
>fonts.dir file.

>This could be a problem with the X-19. Anybody else had a problem?

I have this problem with my X-19 running firmware level 2.5.  I believe
this will be fixed at firmware level 2.6.
--
Jon Roma
Computing Services Office, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign