[comp.windows.x] GCC bug in SeeTeX 2.14

mike@ists.ists.ca (Mike Clarkson) (02/26/90)

/usr2/local/X.V11R4/contrib/clients/xtex

GNU CC doesn't like these STDC conditionals.
They should be changeed to a more specific conditionalization.
Sun cc passes them OK.
(SeeTex 2.14, Sun OS 3.5, X11R4 PL2, GCC 1.35)

Mike.

Mftobdf/mftobdf.c:#ifdef __STDC__
Xtex/DviPage.c:#ifdef __STDC__
Xtex/dialog.c:#ifdef __STDC__
Xtex/dvi-simple.c:#ifdef __STDC__
Xtex/page.c:#ifdef __STDC__
Xtex/page.c:#ifdef __STDC__
--
Mike Clarkson					mike@ists.ists.ca
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science	uunet!attcan!ists!mike

john@acorn.co.uk (John Bowler) (03/01/90)

In article <5538@ists.ists.ca> mike@ists.ists.ca.ists.ca (Mike Clarkson) writes:
>/usr2/local/X.V11R4/contrib/clients/xtex
>
>GNU CC doesn't like these STDC conditionals.
>They should be changeed to a more specific conditionalization.
>Sun cc passes them OK.
>(SeeTex 2.14, Sun OS 3.5, X11R4 PL2, GCC 1.35)
>
>Mike.
>
>Mftobdf/mftobdf.c:#ifdef __STDC__
...etc...

They look OK to me, at least they are valid ANSI C.  Technically to
test for ANSI C the #ifdef should be followed by:-

#if __STDC__ == 1

but this seems unreasonably enthusiastic (and omitting the #ifdef
would seem to rely too much on having a preprocessor which converts
unrecognised tokens to ``0'').

John Bowler (jbowler@acorn.co.uk)