[comp.windows.x] X11R4, gcc-1.37, and a little Sun

tmiller@sunb5.cs.uiuc.edu (03/02/90)

Here's my setup:
	sun3/60 running 4.0.3

I have been using X11R4 compiler with the defualt compiler for quite some time
now and I decided to try gcc-1.37.

I changed HasGcc to yes in sun.cf, and initially made everything with the
-m68881 flag.  Everything made without errors.  When I run xinit, the server
almost immediately croaks with a message about "operations not being supported
on socket".  Unfortunately I don't have the exact error messages because I
did a make World again with the old cc.

I need help!

-Thomas Miller
University of Illinois
Computer Science Instructional Trailer Lab
tmiller.cs.uiuc.edu

envbvs@epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) (03/02/90)

In article <42100001@sunb5>, tmiller@sunb5.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> I have been using X11R4 compiler with the defualt compiler for quite
some time
> now and I decided to try gcc-1.37.
>
> I changed HasGcc to yes in sun.cf, and initially made everything with the
> -m68881 flag.  Everything made without errors.  When I run xinit, the server
> almost immediately croaks with a message about "operations not being
supported
> on socket".  Unfortunately I don't have the exact error messages because I
> did a make World again with the old cc.

Run 'fixincludes' which comes with the gcc compiler and recompile.
This fixes ioctl problems.
Brian V. Smith    (bvsmith@lbl.gov)
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
I don't speak for LBL, these non-opinions are all mine.