[comp.windows.x] XView notify_interpose_wait3_func error?

barnett@crdgw1.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (03/03/90)

	I am trying to write a XView program that detects when a child
process running in a TERMSW window dies, and allows the user to
optionally restart the application. I am using the
notify_interpose_wait3_func error call described on Page 210 in the
XView manual.

	child_pid = (int) xv_get(terminal_sw, TTY_PID);
	if ( child_pid )
	  notify_interpose_wait3_func(terminal_sw, my_wait3, child_pid);

I get an error:
	XView warning: Notifier error: No condition for client

I call the routine right before the window_main_loop. Am I doing
something wrong, or is this a bug?

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett@crd.ge.com>   uunet!crdgw1!barnett

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (03/06/90)

In article <5723@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> barnett@crdgw1.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) writes:

>	I am trying to write a XView program that detects when a child
>process running in a TERMSW window dies, and allows the user to
>optionally restart the application. I am using the
>notify_interpose_wait3_func error call described on Page 210 in the
>XView manual.
>

>	child_pid = (int) xv_get(terminal_sw, TTY_PID);
>	if ( child_pid )
>	  notify_interpose_wait3_func(terminal_sw, my_wait3, child_pid);
>
>I get an error:
>	XView warning: Notifier error: No condition for client

This error message means "There is no event handler of the type specified"
according to page 73 in the SunView System Programmer's Guide.

Since one could do this in SunView, the ttysw would register a default
notify_set_wait3_func() on the tty's child process, this would be a bug.
The workaround is to use the function notify_set_wait3_func instead of
notify_interpose_wait3_func.

Regards,

Heather