[comp.windows.x] XView on the RT under AIX 2.2.1

paulf@bksmel.oz.au (Paul Fitchett) (02/19/90)

Hello all,
	I'm sorry to ask this yet again, but higher types
are becoming heavy about the topic.
We need to port the XView libraries to the RT running AIX, and we need
to do it soon.
A note from Sun announcing the first patch said that XView had already been
ported successfully to the RT, but there was no mention of who or how or
how much. I've tried to get the info by email but with no success.
I would be most grateful if someone could tell me how to get the port, or,
at least what to look out for in doing the port if I have to do it myself.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Fitchett
paulf@bksmel.oz

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (03/03/90)

In article <22@bksmel.oz.au> paulf@bksmel.oz.au (Paul Fitchett) writes:
>Hello all,
>	I'm sorry to ask this yet again, but higher types
>are becoming heavy about the topic.
>We need to port the XView libraries to the RT running AIX, and we need
>to do it soon.
>A note from Sun announcing the first patch said that XView had already been
>ported successfully to the RT, but there was no mention of who or how or
>how much. I've tried to get the info by email but with no success.
>I would be most grateful if someone could tell me how to get the port, or,
>at least what to look out for in doing the port if I have to do it myself.

XView has been ported to the DecStation 3100 running Ultrix.  Sun has
contracted Unipress to port XView to HP's UX, IBM's AIX, and do more work
on the port to DEC's Ultrix.  For more information on ports of XView as
far as availability etc, one should contact the local Sun sales office or the
XView marketing representative, Alok Singhania, alok@trishna, directly.

Regards,

Heather

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (03/06/90)