[comp.windows.x] XView vs. SGI/IRIS

gilley@ndl.COM (Greg Gilley) (03/06/90)

Has anyone ported XView to an SGI IRIS?  I'm about the undertake the beast
and just wanted to check to make sure that no one was already working on it.
						Thanks,
						    Greg
  Greg Gilley
  gilley@ndl.COM   [Numerical Design Limited]
  919-929-2917 (voice)

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (03/07/90)

In article <9003061523.AA13386@spaghetti.ndl.com> gilley@ndl.COM (Greg Gilley) writes:

>Has anyone ported XView to an SGI IRIS?  I'm about the undertake the beast
>and just wanted to check to make sure that no one was already working on it.

This is a new one on me.  How easy it will be will depend upon whether
the target OS is based on system5 3.2 or system5 4.0.  Last I heard, SGI
was a system 5 shop.

I would expect the most difficulty in the ttysw and the notifier code...
since this is the most OS dependent.

We are in the process of re-writing the ttysw package for XView.  So, if
this part becomes too complex, you may want to punt until later.  There are
some porting notes in the README for XView added in patch2 which you may
find useful.

Let us know what problems you encounter so we can fix it...bug reporting
information is in the README file for the source.

Regards,

Heather