[comp.windows.x] Converting from Suntools to X11

rand@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Robert W. Anderson) (02/23/90)

	We are students at Cal working on a thesis project that may require
converting a Suntools application to work under X11.  We have heard that
the way to do this is to convert from SunView to XView using something called
View2.  Are there people out there who have done this before?  We would
appreciate any information that could be provided.

						Robert Anderson
						Gregg Minkow

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (03/07/90)

In article <22320@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> rand@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Robert W. Anderson) writes:

>	We are students at Cal working on a thesis project that may require
>converting a Suntools application to work under X11.  We have heard that
>the way to do this is to convert from SunView to XView using something called
>View2.  Are there people out there who have done this before?  We would
>appreciate any information that could be provided.

The XView toolkit source is included on the X11R4 tape distribution.  Also,
two patches are on expo in pub/XView.  There is a script included called
"convert_to_xview" to help SunView programs make the transitions.  Also,
the conversion guide has some good tips--see special part on converting
pixwin graphics to Xlib graphics for best performance.

Sun also sells XView as part of the OpenWindows binary product (contact local
market/sales people for details etc..)

Regards,

Heather