[comp.windows.x] 2.0 of AT+T OpenLook widgets

randy@erik.UUCP (Randy Brown) (03/09/90)

Tim Panton, Westhawk Ltd., writes:
> Has anyone actually got release 2.0 of AT+T OpenLook widgets ? I've
> been promised it, told about it, seen pictures of it, read papers on
> how good it is, but never actually had the tape. Is it vapourware ?

No, it's not vaporware. We have the "eval" tape, obtained from George
Derby, uunet!att!attmail!derby, who is (was?) the USO source code
product manager.  We do not yet have the "release" tape from the
distribution center, probably because months ago we asked not to be
sent version 1, and it's taking time to restart the gears. V2.0
installed with only a couple of very minor glitches (required more disk
space than the notes indicated and needed a couple of network header
file references corrected, since we have a non-standard network
package).  AT&T does not have a very good marketing & distribution
system, but Open Look is not vaporware. ... rb