[comp.windows.x] Ethernet Traffic X program

rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (R. J. Auletta) (03/11/90)

I'm looking for an X application that performs the same function
as traffic under Sunview. That is it allows the graphical display
of utilization and types and sources/destinations of packets.

Actually, even a non-graphical interface would also be great.
Does such a beast come with Sun's Xview?

Any suggestions?

--Rich Auletta
  rauletta@sitevax.gmu.edu

hvr@kimba.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (03/11/90)

In article <955@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> rauletta@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (R. J. Auletta) writes:
>I'm looking for an X application that performs the same function
>as traffic under Sunview. That is it allows the graphical display
>of utilization and types and sources/destinations of packets.
>
>Actually, even a non-graphical interface would also be great.
>Does such a beast come with Sun's Xview?

The XView toolkit source supplied in X11R4 does not include many clients:
cmdtool/shelltool, textedit, and clock.

The OpenWindows binary product from Sun currently does not have a traffic
program bundled with it.  You might ping the sales office for more information
on that.

Heather Rose
Window Systems Group                      internet:  hrose@sun.com
Sun Microsystems, Inc.                        uucp:  ...!sun!hrose