[comp.windows.x] atobdf - ascii to bdf converter

mikep@sco.COM (Mike Patnode) (02/13/90)

Included in the source to xwanderer is a nice utility to take the output
from bmtoa and convert it into a complete bdf file.   Unfortunatly, this
program is written in LISP and hence is only useful to people with a
LISP interpeter.  Has anyone out there A: converted this program to C,
or B: written such an animal on their own.

I'm just checking before I reinvent the wheel.

TIA

--
Mike Patnode					The Santa Cruz Operation
SCO Software Engineer				400 Encinal Street

jhansen@desire.wright.edu (03/13/90)

In article <4818@scolex.sco.COM>, mikep@sco.COM (Mike Patnode) writes:
> Included in the source to xwanderer is a nice utility to take the output
> from bmtoa and convert it into a complete bdf file.   Unfortunatly, this
> program is written in LISP and hence is only useful to people with a
> LISP interpeter.  Has anyone out there A: converted this program to C,
> or B: written such an animal on their own.
>
> I'm just checking before I reinvent the wheel.

I wrote a version of that program in VAX fortran (I dislike having to
sort out C's IO abilities).  My atobdf is a kludge (bigtime) but it worked
for xwanderer at least.  If you would like a copy I could e-mail it to you.
I think it would work with any f77 compiler.

John Hansen
JHANSEN@WSU.BITNET