[comp.windows.x] Clarification - Re: anybody got a two screen

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Kaleb Keithley) (03/16/90)

What I meant was: Does anyone have a two (or more) screen system running
the MIT R4 Server.  No proprietary servers, and *no* virtual screens,
e.g. one frame buffer that drives two monitors (like a Sun cgfour or an HP
98750.)  I'm looking for systems with two frame buffers, two monitors,
running the MIT R4 distribution Server.

Sorry to consume bandwidth twice with this.

As to why, I need to make a Sun with N frame buffers work with the MIT Sample
Server.  I have a working version, but there *may* be a better way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

kaleb@mars.jpl.nasa.gov            Jet Propeller Labs
Kaleb Keithley

spelling and grammar flames > /dev/null

schwartz@barad-dur.endor.cs.psu.edu (Scott E. Schwartz) (03/16/90)

Kaleb Keithley writes:
>I'm looking for systems with two frame buffers, two monitors,
>running the MIT R4 distribution Server.

I've used two monitors (vga + 8514a) plugged into
an IBM 6152 ("little RT") running the MIT distribution.

--
Scott Schwartz		schwartz@cs.psu.edu
"the same idea is applied today in the use of slide rules." -- Don Knuth