[comp.windows.x] Selecting a window's visual in Xt

salem@THINK.COM (03/04/90)

I would like to specify the top level shell window's visual when using the
X toolkit.  There seems to be no easy way to do this, either with
XtInitialize or XtAppCreateShell.

Suggestions ?

Thanks,

-- jim
salem@think.com

converse@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Donna Converse) (03/06/90)

> I would like to specify the top level shell window's visual when using the
> X toolkit.

In R4, the visual of a Shell can be specified at creation time with the Shell
resource named XtNvisual.  The default value of this resource is CopyFromParent.

Donna Converse

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (03/06/90)

In article <9003041523.AA15409@mandala.think.com>, salem@THINK.COM writes:
> I would like to specify the top level shell window's visual when using the
> X toolkit.  There seems to be no easy way to do this, either with
> XtInitialize or XtAppCreateShell.

The X11R4 shell widget class includes a visual resource that can be
overriden during XtAppCreateShell.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

jer@pender.ee.upenn.edu (Joel Ratsaby) (03/23/90)

I am trying to use the xpr command and print 12 Xwindows on same page.
The manual says to use the -append -noff options.
I first do:

xwd -out x.xwd

then

xpr -trailer Fig. -output x.xpr -height 2.5 -width 2.5 -left 0.20 -top 0.20 -device ps x.xwd

then repeat the following 11 times (each time with a different left and top)

xpr -trailer Fig. -append x.xpr -noff -height 2.5 -width 2.5 -left 2.83 -top 0.20 -device ps x.xwd

then I

lpr -Plw x.xpr

But the result is 12 different pages (each one with a window).

Can you point out whats wrong ?
Joel