[comp.windows.x] Free Motif

konczal@MAIL-GW.NCSL.NIST.GOV (Joseph C. Konczal) (04/10/90)

Could someone please send me the free software called Motif or tell me
where I can get it by anonymous ftp, maybe gatekeeper.dec.com?  I
would prefer source, but the shared libraries for a Sun 3 and a
SparcStation and the header files would be adequate.

Joe Konczal
"May the Source be with you."

strauss@AEROSPACE.AERO.ORG (04/10/90)

In article <9004091711.AA02641@mail-gw.ncsl.nist.gov> you write:
>Could someone please send me the free software called Motif or tell me
>where I can get it by anonymous ftp, maybe gatekeeper.dec.com?  I
>would prefer source, but the shared libraries for a Sun 3 and a
>SparcStation and the header files would be adequate.
>
>Joe Konczal
>"May the Source be with you."

Motif is not free. The members of the Open Software Foundation sell it
as a product.  You can buy the source for approximately $1000. The
intention is that vendors will buy the source and build it on their
hardware and then sell/give it to their customers for a lesser price.

If you read back through previous message on comp.windows.x you will see
plenty of messages about Motif. In fact, this is the right point to plus
the Frequently Asked Questions message. The X Users Group posts a
message about frequently asked questions at regular interval and it
includes details on obtaining Motif.

							- |Daryll

Daryll Strauss          			f	The Aerospace Corp.
strauss@aero.org		      		n	Mail Stop: M1-102
...!uunet!aero.org!strauss			o	P.O. Box 92957
                                                r       Los Angeles, Ca. 90009
"MY opinions. You here me? They're mine!"    	d	(213) 336-9358

devin@gandalf.Berkeley.EDU (Yampalimardilor) (04/10/90)

konczal@MAIL-GW.NCSL.NIST.GOV (Joseph C. Konczal) writes:
|>Could someone please send me the free software called Motif or tell me
|>where I can get it by anonymous ftp, maybe gatekeeper.dec.com?  I
|>would prefer source, but the shared libraries for a Sun 3 and a
|>SparcStation and the header files would be adequate.
|>
|>Joe Konczal
|>"May the Source be with you."

	Wow.  I mention yesterday that I might consider writing some,
and here is a request for it today.  Hey, I'm fast, but not THAT fast.

			-Devin

P.S.  FYI:  Motif is not free, you have to license it.  At least $1000,
more if you want support.
* Yampalimardilor          *     a.k.a Devin Hooker        DoD # 0034 *
* Mage School, Glantri     *           University of Colorado-Boulder *
* (Grad Student)           *           (Undergrad Student)            *