[comp.windows.x] xwd without mouse click???

hartzell@boulder.colorado.edu (George Hartzell) (04/11/90)

I am trying to use xwd and xpr to produce a series of figures for an
introduction to using X on workstations that I am writing for my
department (describe default setups, pointers to more info, etc...).
I've been running xwd on one machine, getting snapshots of windows on
another machine.  So far it has worked great, except I haven't been
able to figure out how to get a dump while I have a twm menu pulled
down?  It insists on grabbing the mouse and having me click on the
window I want (I've been clicking on the root) which it can't do while
twm has the mouse.  I thought twm's "NoGrabServer" might solve my
problems, but it doesn't seem to.  Any suggestions?  Is there a "just
dump the root window" option?

g.
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell@Boulder.Colorado.EDU           ..!ncar!boulder!hartzell

In article <19531@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, hartzell@boulder (George Hartzell) writes:

>So far it has worked great, except I haven't been
>able to figure out how to get a dump while I have a twm menu pulled
>down?

Ok, so reading the source to xwd showed me that there is a -root
option (should I report this omission in the man page as a bug?), so
now I can get images of my twm menus.  There still seems to be a
problem though.  It gets the menus right, and gets the highlighting
right on the choice I am selecting when I "xwd", but it doesn't get
twm's little arrow cursor.  Any thoughts?