[comp.windows.x] Shared Colormaps

converse@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Donna Converse) (04/12/90)

In article <9004051833.AA12124@expire.lcs.mit.edu>, rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU
(Bob Scheifler) writes:

|>    What I didn't expect was that part of the
|>    application created colormap was over-written with colors from the
|>    default colormap (only part of the read / write portion!!!)
|>
|>Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.  What does "over-written"
|>mean?  If you mean RGB entries in your private colormap object are
|>permanently modified, then something is seriously wrong.

I took at look at this code and found that the programmer had misunderstood
XGetVisualInfo; specifically: the mistake was to think that VisualNoMask
indicates that a visual structure is to be matched.

One the same issue, another user writes:

> 	I had this happen to my private colormap object (unshared)
> whenever my window lost keyboard focus.  I was running dxwm under
> DECwindows.  I fixed it by going to motif.

Colormap focus and keyboard focus are independent policies; they could both
depend upon the position of the mouse pointer for indicating focus.  The
rest of your statement is incomprehensible, sorry.

Donna Converse
converse@expo.lcs.mit.edu