[comp.windows.x] X Installation on a Silicon Graphics machine?

jain@spectra.COM (Sadhana Jain) (04/11/90)

Has anyone out there successfully installed X11 release 4 on a
Silicon Graphics machine? We are running into a problem when it
tries to do "make depend", it can't find ../h directory. We have
followed the instructions given in the documents and passed appropriate
flags including SVR3 but still it doesn't seem to work. We would
appreciate it very much if anyone can give us any clues.

Please send a message to jain@spectra.com.
Thanks very much,
S. Jain.

jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com (Jeff Weinstein) (04/12/90)

In article <377@spectra.COM>, jain@spectra.COM (Sadhana Jain) writes:
> Has anyone out there successfully installed X11 release 4 on a
> Silicon Graphics machine? We are running into a problem when it
> tries to do "make depend", it can't find ../h directory. We have
> followed the instructions given in the documents and passed appropriate
> flags including SVR3 but still it doesn't seem to work. We would
> appreciate it very much if anyone can give us any clues.

	The makedepend program as supplied by mit doesn't work right
	on sgi machines because of some strange stuff we do in our
	system header files.  My only suggestion is don't do
	'make depend' for the moment.

Jeff Weinstein - X Protocol Police
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.