[comp.windows.x] Problem with COLOR in Xwindows

atk@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Alan T. Krantz) (04/13/90)

Ok - since my last posting I've made progress. My current problem is
that I want to create a new colormap for my program. I realize that
there are problems with this and so forth. Anyways, the current
problem is that if I am running twm it resets the colormap. Everything
works fine if I kill off twm. How can I create my own color map and
use it with twm getting upset?

|  Mail:    1830 22nd street      Email: atk@boulder.colorado.edu|
|           Apt 16                Vmail: Home:   (303) 939-8256  |
|           Boulder, Co 80302            Office: (303) 492-8115  |

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (04/13/90)

In article <19602@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, atk@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Alan
T. Krantz) writes:
>How can I create my own color map and
> use it with twm getting upset?

The window manager is responsible for intalling and uninstalling
colormaps.  See section 4.1.8 of the ICCCM for details.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee