[comp.windows.x] up-to-date label widget

rb@tnoibbc.UUCP (Rene Balkenende) (04/13/90)

Is it possible to change the label of a Xaw label widget which is already
created and managed? One of them is holding some data that changes all the
time and I like to offer the user an up-to-date label widget. I'm using the
Athena widgets, so any other solution using widgets from the same set is
welcome.

Thanks in advance
--
Rene Balkenende : TNO-IBBC              INTERNET : rb@tnoibbc
                : PO-box 49             DOMAIN   : rb@ibbc.tno.nl

laymon@nepal.crd.ge.com (Marc A. Laymon) (04/13/90)

In article <2117@tnoibbc.UUCP> rb@tnoibbc.UUCP (Rene Balkenende) writes:
>Is it possible to change the label of a Xaw label widget which is already
>created and managed?

I have not used the Athena widgets, but with the Motif label widget, you
just set the value of the resource XmNlabelString using XtSetArg
and XtSetValues.  It would seem to me there should be a comparable
resource for an Athena label widget.

 Marc Laymon	         E-MAIL: laymon@nepal.crd.ge.com
 GE R&D
 Schenectady, NY

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (04/14/90)

In article <2117@tnoibbc.UUCP>, rb@tnoibbc.UUCP (Rene Balkenende) writes:
> Is it possible to change the label of a Xaw label widget which is already
> created and managed?

Most widget resources, including the label, are changeable at any time by
using XtSetValues.  Exceptions are noted in the documentation.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee