[comp.windows.x] I need a file selector

meyer@planck.uucp (Bob Meyer) (05/02/90)

I am looking for an X11R4 based file selector (preferably Xt) that puts
up a window with file names and returns the full path of the selection
to the calling routine.

It also has to be intelligent enough to to follow directories selected by
the user.

Mucho Gracias!
--
   Thinking quickly, the IBM System Jock     # Bob Meyer
uttered an incantation in EBCDIC and made    # Calspan Advanced Tech. Center

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (05/04/90)

In article <1990May1.211329.24823@planck.uucp>, meyer@planck.uucp (Bob
Meyer) writes:
> I am looking for an X11R4 based file selector (preferably Xt) that puts
> up a window with file names and returns the full path of the selection
> to the calling routine.

The Motif file selection widget does this.  It allows lets the user
browse by specifying directories and filtering with wild cards.  The
Open Look widget set may have something similar.  I don't know of any
public domain widgets.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee