[comp.windows.x] DEC VT emulation for X

mouse@LARRY.MCRCIM.MCGILL.EDU (der Mouse) (05/10/90)

> From: snorkelwacker!ira.uka.de!fauern!tumuc!guug!ixos!snoopy@bloom-beacon.mit.edu  (Snoopy Schmitz)

> we are looking for a program like xvt100 to support VT220's i.e.
> support all the graphics and special chars of DECs VT220 series.

> Is there anything in the public domain/net which can help ?

and

> From: eru!luth!sunic!mcsun!ukc!axion!hfserver!davel@bloom-beacon.mit.edu  (Dave Linton)

> Has anybody got a DEC VT340 emulation for the X Window System?

(Time for another plug for mterm :-)

I have a program which is a fairly close VT emulation, if you don't
want 132-column mode or REGIS graphics.  It was written from a copy of
ANSI X3.64 and a DEC VT330 manual.  It does not support *all* the
special character sets; anything not found in an ISO8859-1 font is not
available.  It also does not do smooth-scroll or software-changable
tabs stops.  It does do double height and/or width and several video
attributes (bold, light, underline, blinking, reverse, and invisible).

If nothing else it may be a good starting point.  (And the price is
right :-)

If you can ftp, connect to 132.206.1.1, cd to X/mterm.src, and poke
around.  If not, drop me a line and I can mail it to you.  As always, I
welcome any comments anyone may have on it.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu