[comp.windows.x] XCALC -RPN: been fixed yet?

kucharsk@number6.Solbourne.COM (William Kucharski) (05/26/90)

In article <3356@umbc3.UMBC.EDU> rouben@math9.math.umbc.edu (Rouben Rostamian) writes:
 >My favorite HP calculator disappeared from my desk last month :-(  so I tried
 >using xcalc with the -rpn option on my workstation instead.  I soon gave up
 >since it suffers from a MAJOR bug.  Specifically, it does not push the stack
 >correctly...

Which version of xcalc are you using?  My X11R4 xcalc works properly in RPN
mode, and reveals the correct values on the stack with "Rv".  Calculations
indicate correct stack operations as well.
| ARPA:	kucharsk@Solbourne.COM	              |	William Kucharski             |
| uucp:	...!{boulder,sun,uunet}!stan!kucharsk |	Solbourne Computer, Inc.      |
= The opinions above are mine alone and NOT those of Solbourne Computer, Inc. =

converse@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Donna Converse) (05/30/90)

R3 and earlier versions of xcalc in rpn mode are useless due to bugs.
This was "fixed" in the R4 release.  There are still bugs in the R4
xcalc -rpn; they're just more subtle :-).  The code is nearly
incomprehensible, and ought to be rewritten.  Volunteers, anyone?

Donna Converse
converse@expo.lcs.mit.edu