[comp.windows.x] Yet Another question about SunOS 4.0.3 compilation

robert@cm.deakin.OZ.AU (Robert Ruge) (06/01/90)

Well I finally decided to compile R4 on our Solbourne 5/602 server
which runs SunOS 4.0.3 however I have come across a problem with
linking of the client programs. I get 'ld: Undefined symbol' on
almost every client compiled. eg.:

cc -o xmbufinfo xmbufinfo.o -O   ../.././extensions/lib/libXext.a -L../.././lib/
X -lX11
ld: Undefined symbol
   __XSetLastRequestRead

The number of undefined symbols varies from program to program.
I have checked the libraries and they made with no problems and the
symbols are in the libraries.

If this has been discussed before and I missed it I'm sorry for the
noise. Any help please. Thanks.
						Regards.
--
Robert Ruge				ACSNET: robert@cm.deakin.oz.au
Department of Computing & Mathematics	PHONE:  (052) 471319

robert@cm.deakin.OZ.AU (Robert Ruge) (06/04/90)

In article <501@sol.deakin.OZ.AU> robert@cm.deakin.OZ.AU (Robert Ruge) writes:
>Well I finally decided to compile R4 on our Solbourne 5/602 server
>which runs SunOS 4.0.3 however I have come across a problem with
>linking of the client programs. I get 'ld: Undefined symbol' on
>almost every client compiled. eg.:
>
>cc -o xmbufinfo xmbufinfo.o -O   ../.././extensions/lib/libXext.a -L../.././lib/
>X -lX11
>ld: Undefined symbol
>   __XSetLastRequestRead

I have since discovered the error of my ways. I had LD_LIBRARY_PATH
defined and apparantly this causes the compiler to not pick up the
correct library. Thanks to those who took the time to offer suggestions.