[comp.windows.x] Missing Imake.template files in SCO Unix

wengland@stephsf.UUCP (Bill England) (06/06/90)

  hardaker@iris.ucdavis.edu (Wes Hardaker) Asks:
> Did you ever find the Imake template?  I still have yet to find one!!!
> Help!!!

  SUCCESS !!!!

  Imake problems explained away and fixed! ( Provided you are on SCO ODT )

  Look in directory /usr/lib/X11/util/imake.includes

  I felt kind of dumb when I discovered that it is all in there and all
  that I needed to do was to do an ls -R on the X11 directory.

  Theres lots of other neat stuff down there as well!

  If you are not running SCO ODT let me know and I will send you the
  imake README file to give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

  By the way to get most software to compile copy the file Imake.tmpl
  to Imake.template in the directory you are working in.

  A listing of the directory follows:

  _____________
  /usr/lib/X11/util/imake.includes
  $ lf
  Imake.rules      Makefile         SCOunix.macros   site.def
  Imake.tmpl       README           Xenix.macros

 +--------
 |  Bill England
 |  Stephen Software Systems, Inc.,   Tacoma Wa.
 |  wengland@stephsf.com              +1 206 564 2122

  * *      H -> He +24Mev
 * * * ... Oooo, we're having so much fun making itty bitty suns *
  * *

mikep@sco.COM (Mike Patnode) (06/07/90)

In article <143@stephsf.UUCP> wengland@stephsf.UUCP (Bill England) writes:

>  By the way to get most software to compile copy the file Imake.tmpl
>  to Imake.template in the directory you are working in.

No, no, no, no.  Given that you are in your source directory with a
Imakefile present, just do the following:

% cp /usr/lib/X11/util/imake.includes/Makefile .
% touch Imakefile
% make Makefile

You only want to have one template on your system (yes, there are
exceptions).  But the whole idea is for any changes to Imake.tmpl to
effect all your Makefiles.

See the README file in /usr/lib/X11/xsample/README.imake for more
interesting details.

--
Mike Patnode					The Santa Cruz Operation
SCO Software Engineer				400 Encinal Street