[comp.windows.x] Xview, mixed fonts in a panel?

rooney@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (Bill Rooney) (06/05/90)

In SunView I was able to mix fonts within a panel, but in
Xview  I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone have a suggestion
on what to do to get different fonts within a panel.
For instance I would like the buttons that appear to be displayed
in FONT1 and a certain label that gives a status to be displayed in
FONT2. Is this unreasonable for X windows?

argv@turnpike.Eng.Sun.COM (Dan Heller) (06/07/90)

In article <1883@xn.LL.MIT.EDU> rooney@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (Bill Rooney) writes:
> In SunView I was able to mix fonts within a panel, but in
> Xview  I can't seem to get it to work.

By design (the Open Look design, that is), you cannot use multiple
fonts in a panel.  You can, however, create pixmaps and use XDrawString()
using the font you want and use the pixmap as the PANEL_LABEL_IMAGE
for a panel button, but you're going to be awfully non-openlook compliant.

--
dan
O'Reilly && Associates   argv@sun.com / argv@ora.com