[comp.windows.x] Rotated Fonts in X?

dmizzo@neptune.UUCP (Donna Izzo) (06/08/90)

I have an application in which it would be nice to have
text strings at a 45 degree angle.  Is there anything out
there to help me do such a thing?  I am currently putting
out one character at a time along an angle.  This, of
course still does not change individual characters.  The
only way that I can think of to do this would be to build
a new font with slanted characters.  This would still
require some type of alogorithm to successfully place each
character along a line.

Any ideas?

uunet!neptune!dmizzo

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (06/08/90)

In article <1990Jun7.173349.20316@neptune.UUCP>, dmizzo@neptune.UUCP
(Donna Izzo) writes:
> I have an application in which it would be nice to have
> text strings at a 45 degree angle.  Is there anything out
> there to help me do such a thing?

Display PostScript can do this.  PEX and XGKS may, but I haven't checked.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee