[comp.windows.x] Help needed with XGIF gif viewer

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) (06/14/90)

phil@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (Phil Jimmieson) writes:

>Hi I'm not sure that this is the right group, nevertheless...

I've added comp.windows.x to it and redirected followups to same.

>I'm trying to get xgif to work on an HP 300 system.  xgif is a colour gif
>viewer for x windows.  It runs only on colour workstations with at least 8
>bits-per-pixel.  I got what I assume to be the latest version of the sources
>(patch level 1) and it compiles ok, but when I run it it reads the gif file,
>creates a destination window, zaps the colour map (if I told it to), but then
>falls over when it is about to draw the image.  The error reported is a failure
>in XPutImage (bad parameters or somesuch thing).

I have run into the same problem with xgif on Thomas Roell's X11R4
VGA server for Unix System V/386.
--
Pim Zandbergen                             domain : pim@cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                            uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim