[comp.windows.x] ?? What is Interviews and what company owns it ??

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (06/27/90)

In <37220@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> jbuck@galileo.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Joe Buck) writes:
>Absolutely nobody puts anything in the public domain these days.
Provably false.  A notable example is PDTAR by John Gilmore, and lesser
examples include my cshar news/mail gateway packages.

Follow-ups redirected.
	/r$
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.

stripes@eng.umd.edu (Joshua Osborne) (06/27/90)

>  It's
> similar to X and GNU - you can use it and you can give it away and
> you can include it in your products, but you can't sell it or say
> you wrote it (unless, of course, you did).
Someone aready clarified this statment w.r.t. the copyright on X.
It is also in need of clarification w.r.t GNU.  You can sell GNU code, binary
or source (or both).  However if you sell the binary you must provide the source
on request (you are allowed to charge a reasonable copy-fee).  You are not
allowed to change the copyright (or at least not much, I am unsure about this).

That's somewhat watered down, please don't trust what a total stranger has to
say.  Read the copyright yourself, this is good advice for all copyright
notices.  (you may even want to ger a lawyer to look at them too, but not
normally.)
--
           stripes@eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne@Real_World,The          Mutitasking for MS-DOS"