[comp.windows.x] HELP NEEDED: Motif widgets under OpenWindows

jdn@europa.Eng.Sun.COM (Jeff Nisewanger) (06/28/90)

In article <1696@island.uu.net> jj@island.uu.net (JJ Chuang) writes:
>Does any one out there know of how to get the keyboard event on a
>Motif DrawingArea widget running under OpenWindows(version 2 beta)?
>
>My problem was that I could not get the keyboard event out of my
>DrawingArea widget window. I received all other events(Motion, Button,...).
>I also tried to set the window manager hints as suggested on page 18 of the
>"X11/NeWS Server Guide" but got no luck.
>
>Any solutions, suggestions or hints will be highly appreciated.
>
>--
>	jj@isalnd.uu.net	ph:(415)491-1000(work)

	There was a bug in version 2-beta with distributing keyboard events
to windows that had the keyboard event specified in the do-not-propagate mask.
Unfortunately, Motif makes use of do-not-propagate masks.
This bug will be fixed in the final 2.0 release.

--
Jeff Nisewanger                         ARPA: jdn@Eng.Sun.COM
Window Systems Group                    UUCP: ...!sun!jdn