[comp.windows.x] Initializing Pixmap data

kevin@ttidcb.tti.com (Kevin Carothers) (06/26/90)

Is it possible to do a call to XCreatePixmap()  with the returned
data initialized?  I guess I could muck around and do it myself
from the libX code, but I'm just wondering if there is an easier
way to get around doing a bunch of "XDrawPoints()" calls.

Another technique is to simply create a "clear" bitmap, and "tile"
this bitmap with a series of "XCopyPlane" calls, but this also seems
kind  of weird. Any help is appreciated.
--
    Kevin Carothers           {philabs,csun,psivax}!ttidca!kevin

west@gsrc.dec.com (Jim West (Stealth Contractor)) (06/27/90)

In article <18116@ttidca.TTI.COM>, kevin@ttidcb.tti.com (Kevin Carothers) writes...
-
-Is it possible to do a call to XCreatePixmap()  with the returned
-data initialized?  I guess I could muck around and do it myself
-from the libX code, but I'm just wondering if there is an easier
-way to get around doing a bunch of "XDrawPoints()" calls.
-
-Another technique is to simply create a "clear" bitmap, and "tile"
-this bitmap with a series of "XCopyPlane" calls, but this also seems
-kind  of weird. Any help is appreciated.
---
-    Kevin Carothers           {philabs,csun,psivax}!ttidca!kevin

  If I understand you right then you just want to call XFillRectangle right
after you call XCreatePixmap.  With XFillRectangle you set all pixels in
the created pixmap to some known value...such as black.

 Jim West                      |  The Schainker Converse
 west@gsrc.dec.com             |  to Hoare's Law :

 These are my opinions.        |   Inside every small problem
 Digital has no idea           |     is a larger problem struggling
 what I'm  saying.             |       to get out.

colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (06/29/90)

Carothers) writes:

> Is it possible to do a call to XCreatePixmap()  with the returned
> data initialized?

Take a look at the XPM C-includable pixmap format. It is available in contrib/
on expo.lcs.mit.edu

Colas Nahaboo, Bull Research France -- Koala Project -- GWM X11 Window Manager
colas@avahi.inria.fr            Phone: (33) 93.65.77.70, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 66
INRIA - Sophia Antipolis, 2004, rte des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE