[comp.windows.x] dec window help needed

ymzhang@pikes.Colorado.EDU (???) (07/03/90)

	Can anyone tell me how to destroy a child(ren) of a pull down menu?
I used destroy function call, the content is gone but the size of the
pulldown menu is not correck. Also, is there any book or reference talk
about dec window especially dectoolkit?
	Thank you in advance.
-yu zhang,
-ymzhang@pikes.denver.colorado.edu

yascsw@well.sf.ca.us (Andrew Doolittle) (07/09/90)

ymzhang@pikes.Colorado.EDU (???) writes:

>	Can anyone tell me how to destroy a child(ren) of a pull down menu?
>I used destroy function call, the content is gone but the size of the
>pulldown menu is not correck.

Unfortunately, when you delete a pulldown menu button, the menu does not
resize itself!?!  You need to get the button height, subtract that from the
original menu size and set the new height.

> Also, is there any book or reference talk about dec window especially
> dectoolkit?

I assume you have the DEC documentation set.  I know of nothing other than
that - if you have specific problems or questions this is probably the
best forum.  If you wish, you can contact me offline at yascsw@well.sf.ca.us

Hope this helps

andy
--