[comp.windows.x] Postscript previewer for DECwindows??

cscc15@uhnix1.uh.edu (Keith A. Crabb) (07/06/90)

Well, I just got a VAXstation 3100 and it lacks just one nice little
toy, a postscript previewer, does anyone out there have one that will
run under DECwindows?  Thanks in advance.

 Keith A. Crabb                  cscc15@uhnix1.uh.edu
 Central Site Operations         cscc15@jane.uh.edu
 University of Houston           cscc15@uhupvm1.uh.edu
--
 Keith A. Crabb                  cscc15@uhnix1.uh.edu
 Central Site Operations         cscc15@jane.uh.edu
 University of Houston           cscc15@uhupvm1.uh.edu

mike@BACH.CS.BYU.EDU (Mike Burbidge) (07/06/90)

Did you look for the executable dxpsview? For some strange reason DEC felt
they needed to prepend a 'd' to some of the useful utilities that come with
the MIT distribution.

Mike Burbidge
mike@bach.cs.byu.edu

mellon@fenris.pa.dec.com (Ted Lemon) (07/07/90)

>Well, I just got a VAXstation 3100 and it lacks just one nice little
>toy, a postscript previewer, does anyone out there have one that will
>run under DECwindows?  Thanks in advance.

DECwindows comes with a PostScript previewer.   Did you install all of
the DECwindows applications?   I believe that dxpsview is in the
``Additional DECwindows Applications'' subset, and not in the base
set.   Of course, that's with Ultrix.   With VMS, I haven't a clue.

				_MelloN_

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (07/07/90)

In article <9007061443.AA08928@bach.cs.byu.edu>, mike@BACH.CS.BYU.EDU (Mike
Burbidge) writes:

|> Did you look for the executable dxpsview? For some strange reason DEC felt
|> they needed to prepend a 'd' to some of the useful utilities that come with
|> the MIT distribution.

None of the dx* clients are from the MIT distribution.  Some have a
common ancenstry (check the authors of the MIT clients), but dxpsview
is not one of these.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

fisher@skylab.enet.dec.com (07/11/90)

In article <MELLON.90Jul6113100@fenris.pa.dec.com>,
mellon@fenris.pa.dec.com (Ted Lemon) writes:

> DECwindows comes with a PostScript previewer.   Did you install all of
> the DECwindows applications?   I believe that dxpsview is in the
> ``Additional DECwindows Applications'' subset, and not in the base
> set.   Of course, that's with Ultrix.   With VMS, I haven't a clue.
>
> 				_MelloN_

VMS will have a PostScript previewing capability come V5.4.  It is
built into the CDA Viewer and called with the verb VIEW.

I should add that this is an application based on Display PostScript
which will also be available in V5.4 (and is available in Ultrix
UWS 2.2).

Burns Fisher
VMS DECwindows and Display PostScript
fisher@decwin.enet.dec.com