[comp.windows.x] Visual X-19 Turbo X-windows Terminals

isaac@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Isaac Balbin) (07/11/90)

I have one and am very happy with it (is is faster than almost
everything else we looked at). There is one or two annoying things though:
I get many "BadWindow error sent to client" error messages;
also, about once every few days my keyboard just goes dead on me, I have
to disconnect and reconnect it, and all is fine.

Does anyone else share these experiences?
More importantly have you found a cure?
Does anyone have visual's long awaited full R4 yet?
Thanks.

bob@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Bob Foertsch) (07/12/90)

isaac@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Isaac Balbin) writes:

>I have one and am very happy with it (is is faster than almost
>everything else we looked at). There is one or two annoying things though:
>I get many "BadWindow error sent to client" error messages;
>also, about once every few days my keyboard just goes dead on me, I have
>to disconnect and reconnect it, and all is fine.

>Does anyone else share these experiences?
>More importantly have you found a cure?
>Does anyone have visual's long awaited full R4 yet?
>Thanks.

i've experienced these 2 problems. i called their support number
(1-800-VISUALC) and got the problems resolved quickly. they are
well known problems with the early versions of the turbos.

i understand R4 should be available around September.

 |	Bob Foertsch			|	Unix Systems Administrator    |
 |					|	University of Illinois        |
 |	bob@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu		|	1304 West Springfield         |
 |	(217) 333-8033			|	Urbana, Illinois   61801      |