    From jato!expo.lcs.mit.edu!xpert-mailer Tue Jul 17 15:24:18 1990
    Subject: Performance Analysis of X windows
    Sender: xpert-request%expo.lcs.mit.edu@mitrlevm.mit.edu
    To: xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu

    Hi

    I am interested in pursuing the performance of X windows  with
    repect to the communication overhead and local/remote processing
    split.

    1. Where is the protocol definition documented ?

    --pushpendra
    CERFNet/SDSC/UCSD

----- End Included Message -----

pushp@nic.cerf.net (Pushpendra Mohta) (07/18/90)

In article <9007172352.AA02257@idaho.inference> freeman@idaho.inference.COM (Mark E. Freeman) writes:
>I have received this message about ten times.  Has
>anyone else noticed this behavior?  So far, I haven't received
>duplicates of other messages from xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu.
>
>-- Mark
>   freeman@inference.com

I cross-posted my original message to comp.windows.x, comp.windows.misc
and comp.theory. I wonder if all these groups are gatewayed to
the  xpert list. Even so , 10 times ?

I also wonder if the annoyance factor has contributed  to the lack
of any responses other than the "me too" kind. The summary on
performance will have to wait.I now know where the protocol is
documented.

Thanks
--pushpendra