[comp.windows.x] xtank?

john@quonset.cfht.hawaii.edu (John Kerr) (07/18/90)

Where can I get xtank?

Thanks in advance,

jk

 John Kerr                      Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope Corp.
                                INTERNET: john@cfht.hawaii.edu
                                BITNET:   john@uhcfht

brtmac@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu (Brett McCoy) (07/19/90)

In <8640@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> john@quonset.cfht.hawaii.edu (John Kerr) writes:

>Where can I get xtank?

>Thanks in advance,

>jk

> John Kerr                      Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope Corp.
>                                INTERNET: john@cfht.hawaii.edu
>                                BITNET:   john@uhcfht

This appears to be a fairly frequent question so it probably warrents a
posting reply.  The newest sources that I know of are on uunet.uu.net.
They were in the /tmp directory as of a few days ago.  I don't know if
they are still there or not.  These sources compile under X11R4, which
any of the others that I have found will not.  It is still version 2.2
of xtank, nothing new has been added as far as I can tell.  The color
code hasn't been fixed so it doesn't work correctly on a color system.
I have successfully got it running on a SPARCStation 1, although I'm
not sure if the threads code works since all we have been doing with it
is blowing each other to kingdom come.  I didn't have any problem getting
it to build.  Just made a few minor changes to the makefile and to config.h.
Anyone else have anything more to add?

--
Too bad the universe doesn't run in a segmented environment with
protected memory. -- Wiz from "Wizards Bane" by Rick Cook