[comp.windows.x] MIT X11R4 Apollo

kv@cae780.UUCP (Kumar Venkatramani) (07/18/90)

I was wondering if anybody else had seen a problem with the MIT X11R4
server compiled for the APOLLO ( SR10.2 ), where it seems to leave the
cursor behind on the screen and does not refresh.

Here is how the problem manifests itself:
If I make a selection by clicking the left
mouse button at the same time as a screen to memory blt is occurring then
the cursor is left behind where the depress occurred.  So depressing the
left mouse button randomly several times as this operation occurs leaves
several cursors images behind on the screen.

I recall seeing something like this in a earlier version of X from apollo
when using the 'TWM' window manager.  ( TWM works fine in this version )

The same code works fine with both the SUN3, and SPARC versions for the
MIT R4 server and with the R3 version of the server supported by Apollo.

I might be able to provide a sample piece of code that reproduces the problem.

I would appreciate email responses and will summarize if enough requests
come in.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kumar Venkatramani
Comdisco Systems Inc.
Foster City, CA 94404.

email address:      kv@csi.com
OR UUCP             ...uunet!cae780!kv

cmj851@csc.anu.oz (Richard Walker) (07/20/90)

In article <6438@cae780.UUCP>, kv@cae780.UUCP (Kumar Venkatramani) writes:
> I was wondering if anybody else had seen a problem with the MIT X11R4
> server compiled for the APOLLO ( SR10.2 ), where it seems to leave the
> cursor behind on the screen and does not refresh.

(stuff deleted)

> email address:      kv@csi.com
> OR UUCP             ...uunet!cae780!kv

We have *exactly* the same problem using X11R4 on our DN10000VS under
Domain/OS SR10.2.  We can't figure it out either!
I hope someone can!

--
Richard Walker                            (walrmath@fac3.anu.oz.au)
Centre for Mathematical Analysis