[comp.windows.x] DUPLICATE POSTINGS of Perfomance Analysis

"Nagesh_Pabbisetty.HENR801c"@XEROX.COM (07/20/90)

I received quite a few copies of messages in the last 2 days!! I hope this
gets fixed soon!

Nagesh (pabbiset@arisia.xerox.com)
The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good
people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from
meddling with them while they do it.

				-Theodore Roosevelt

mouse@LARRY.MCRCIM.MCGILL.EDU (der Mouse) (07/20/90)

> I received quite a few copies of messages in the last 2 days!!  I
> hope this gets fixed soon!

If you save two copies of one of the repeated letters into two files
and run diff, you'll see that the repeats appear to be coming from a
machine at MIT.  I sent a note to the postmasters of the machines that
looked as though they were involved, and the flood seems to have dried
up, so maybe it has been fixed.

In general, when you see repeats on a mailing list like this, just
complaining to the list is of little use.  Do a little investigation;
help pin down what's wrong, and you'll probably find things clear up
faster.

(Those of you reading comp.windows.x instead of xpert: this is a
mailing-list issue, not a newsfroup issue.)

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu