[comp.windows.x] Corrupt xdbx file fixed

cheung@titan.sw.mcc.com (Po Cheung) (07/30/90)

Whatever the reason, the xdbx compressed tar file I put on expo
yesterday was corrupted.  I have put a fresh copy there.  It can
now be ftp'ed again.

-rw-rw-rw-  1 ftp        114191 Jul 30 10:39 xdbx2.1.tar.Z

Po Cheung
cheung@sw.mcc.com

heneman@lake.Berkeley.EDU (Harvey Eneman) (07/31/90)

In article <4029@titan.sw.mcc.com>, cheung@titan.sw.mcc.com (Po Cheung) writes:
|>Whatever the reason, the xdbx compressed tar file I put on expo
|>yesterday was corrupted.  I have put a fresh copy there.  It can
|>now be ftp'ed again.

I've tried to pull xdbx2.1.tar.Z from expo.lcs.mit.edu since your post
and I'm getting:

tar: directory checksum error (2 != -4836)

Internet: heneman@us.oracle.com
UUCP:     ...{hplabs,apple,uunet}!oracle!heneman
USMail:   Oracle Corporation, 20 Davis Dr, Belmont CA 94002
AT&T:     (415) 598-7507

iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (07/31/90)

In article <1990Jul30.233035.24397@oracle.com> heneman@lake.Berkeley.EDU (Harvey Eneman) writes:
>In article <4029@titan.sw.mcc.com>, cheung@titan.sw.mcc.com (Po Cheung) writes:
>|>Whatever the reason, the xdbx compressed tar file I put on expo
>|>yesterday was corrupted.  I have put a fresh copy there.  It can
>|>now be ftp'ed again.
>
>I've tried to pull xdbx2.1.tar.Z from expo.lcs.mit.edu since your post
>and I'm getting:
>tar: directory checksum error (2 != -4836)

You are uncompressing the file before you try to untar it, aren't you?
I was able to uncompress and untar it with no problems...

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias@uci