[comp.windows.x] Where can I get "imake"?

guttman@mashie.ece.jhu.edu (07/31/90)

We are running Open Windows on our Sun-4's and "imake" doesn't seem to be
included in the package.  I've also run into a package which requires a
program called "ximake" to translate Imakefiles into Makefiles.

Is "imake" part of X11-R4?  Is there a way for me to obtain "imake" and/or
"ximake" without down-loading the entire X11-R4 package and sifting
through it?

	Thanks,
		Mike Guttman
		guttman@mashie.ece.jhu.edu (128.220.14.26)

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (07/31/90)

[tried replying via mail, got "host configuration error"]

You can get the configuration stuff only (config+util dirs) via anon
ftp to neat.ai.toronto.edu, in ~ftp/pub/moraes/imake.r4.tar.Z

Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (08/01/90)

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
>You can get the configuration stuff only (config+util dirs) via anon
>ftp to neat.ai.toronto.edu, in ~ftp/pub/moraes/imake.r4.tar.Z

Sheesh, I'd forgotten about that.  It's moved to cs.toronto.edu
in ~ftp/pub/X/imake.tar.Z.  The README follows.

	Mark.

imake.README:

An imake distribution.  It contains the X.V11R4 configuration files and
the imake source in X.V11R4/mit/config, other useful doodads in
X.V11R4/mit/util, and a first cut at an imake tutorial in
X.V11R4/contrib/doc/imake.

You should, however, complain bitterly to whoever sold you your X11
libraries and includes for not including imake, xmkmf and config
files for your machine.

        - moraes@cs.toronto.edu