[comp.windows.x] X-Windows for MS-DOS?

buys@pttrnl.nl (07/24/90)

Can anyone tell me if there is a X-windows display server for PC's under
MS-DOS? It may be P.D. or Commercial.
Thanks a lot

Jan-Paul Buys
JP_BUYS@PTTRNL.NL

sasjcm@unx.sas.com (James McNealy) (08/01/90)

In article <37535.26ac46ba@pttrnl.nl> buys@pttrnl.nl writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there is a X-windows display server for PC's under
>MS-DOS? It may be P.D. or Commercial.
>Thanks a lot
>
>Jan-Paul Buys
>JP_BUYS@PTTRNL.NL

	The Aug 1990 issue of Byte has an article about XVision by
	VisionWare, Ltd. It is "a Microsoft windows application that turns
	your PC workstation into an X Window System."
	Any body use this product or have any info about it?

Jim McNealy          SAS Institute Inc. SAS Circle
sasjcm@unx.sas.com   Box 8000 Cary,  NC 27512-8000
phone (919)677-8000 x6173 fax(919)677-8123
-- I can only give you my opinion... others need not apply. --
--

manager@usgcdh.uucp (08/06/90)

In article <37535.26ac46ba@pttrnl.nl>, buys@pttrnl.nl writes:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a X-windows display server for PC's under
> MS-DOS? It may be P.D. or Commercial.
> Thanks a lot
>
> Jan-Paul Buys
> JP_BUYS@PTTRNL.NL

I am currently evaluating Hummingbird Communications Limited's
HCL-eXceed/Plus-8514, which starts up under DOS and runs in protected
mode on a 286 or better. It interfaces with Sun PC-NFS and several
other DOS TCP/IP packages. So far I have succeeded in displaying the
Clock X client on a PS/2 mode ?50? from an HP UX system. I don't know
my way around Unix-based X too well, though. They can be reached at
(416)470-1203. There are several other DOS-based X servers out there,
however I have not yet tried any of them.

--
Todd Aven
Manager, Mid-range Computer Services

Internet:	manager@cai.com