[comp.windows.x] Weird message from X

roar@hpserv1.uit.no (Roar Steen) (08/07/90)

I have a small X program that does some simple scrolling and
some XCopyArea. It compiles witout errors, and runs fine, but
I keep getting these messages from X:

Xlib:  sequence lost (0x23294 > 0x23293) in reply type 0x1!

The program continues (i.e. it doesn't crash), and it seems like
no harm done, but what does it mean ???

Anyone ??

--
//// Roar Steen                  // N-9001 TROMSOE, NORWAY              /
/// Computer Science Department // Phone : + 47 83 44051               //

kucharsk@number6.Solbourne.COM (William Kucharski) (08/07/90)

In article <1990Aug6.171113.12758@hod.uit.no> roar@hpserv1.uit.no (Roar Steen) writes:
 >I have a small X program that does some simple scrolling and
 >some XCopyArea. It compiles witout errors, and runs fine, but
 >I keep getting these messages from X:
 >
 >Xlib:  sequence lost (0x23294 > 0x23293) in reply type 0x1!

The most frequent cause of these errors is a bug in the use/allocation of
pointers.  Basically, you are probably performing some type of operation which
is overwriting or otherwise trashing X pointers or data structures.
This error message can also be printed if something is wrong with your server
(e.g. it is major-league buggy).  But since you say nothing "major" happens,
I'd check for corrupted/overwritten X pointers or data structures first.
| Internet:   kucharsk@Solbourne.COM	      |	William Kucharski             |
| uucp:	...!{boulder,sun,uunet}!stan!kucharsk |	Solbourne Computer, Inc.      |
= The opinions above are mine alone and NOT those of Solbourne Computer, Inc. =