[comp.windows.x] X11R4 on SunOS 4.1

how@milhow1.UU.NET (Mike Howard) (08/11/90)

I saw a little traffic a bit ago from someone having problems building
and running X11R4 on SunOs 4.1 but did not see any resolution.

I have a SparcStation 1 and have received 4.1.  Is there anyone who
has built and is running X on that combination?

Thanks in adv.

--
Mike Howard
uunet!milhow1!how or how%milhow1@uunet.uu.net

murthy@algron.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) (08/12/90)

how@milhow1.UU.NET (Mike Howard) writes:

>I saw a little traffic a bit ago from someone having problems building
>and running X11R4 on SunOs 4.1 but did not see any resolution.

>I have a SparcStation 1 and have received 4.1.  Is there anyone who
>has built and is running X on that combination?

>Thanks in adv.

I have built it with a generic 4.1 SUNOS kernel.

I don't remember what problems people were having, but the only thing
I had to do that was a pain was to re-ranlib the installed X
libraries.

--chet--