[comp.windows.x] XView 2.0 sources

hvr@eng.sun.COM (Heather Rose) (08/13/90)

Are coming this week.  We'll send out an anouncement when the sources are
on expo.

Regards,

Heather

doug@genmri.UUCP (Doug Becker) (08/14/90)

    Are coming this week.  We'll send out an anouncement when the
    sources are on expo.

Will there be any difference whatsoever between the sources that will
appear on expo and the sources that were used to compile the libraries
that are being shipped with OpenWindows 2.0?

--

Douglas H. Becker
doug@nmri.GE.COM

hvr@kimba.Eng.Sun.COM (Heather Rose) (08/17/90)

In article <9008131911.AA24886@genmri.sane.COM> doug@genmri.UUCP (Doug Becker) writes:

>Will there be any difference whatsoever between the sources that will
>appear on expo and the sources that were used to compile the libraries
>that are being shipped with OpenWindows 2.0?

The version of XView 2.0 on expo is completely interchangeable with the
OpenWindows V2 (OWV2) binaries.  Measures have been taken to compile in
the same way for MIT code as Sun does for the binary distribution.

Now is it one to one with OWV2?  yes for the sun386i version, no for
the sun3 and sun4 versions.  There were a few bugfixes made which showed
up on the sun386i which did not show up on the sun3 and sun4 obviously.
Note:  OWV2 has not yet been distributed for the sun386i.

Also, one can change the code by compiling different ways...
Heather Rose, Sun Microsystems Inc., hvr@Eng.Sun.COM