[comp.windows.x] xterm wishlist item: re-wrapping lines on resize

yost@esquire.UUCP (David A. Yost) (08/28/90)

It sure would be nice if xterm kept track of
the newlines in the output so the lines would
re-wrap when you resize the window's width.

Is anyone working on xterm?  The comment at the
beginning of the source makes it sound like it's
been orphaned.

Is there a better replacement around that's free?

 --dave yost
   yost@dpw.com or uunet!esquire!yost
   Please ignore the From or Reply-To fields above, if different.

jordan@morgan.COM (Jordan Hayes) (08/29/90)

Dave Yost <yost@DPW.COM> asks:

	It sure would be nice if xterm kept track of the newlines in
	the output so the lines would re-wrap when you resize the
	window's width.

	Is there a better replacement around that's free?

And I thought you were a TCL hacker!  ;-)  Check out tx; it does that
thing you want ...

/jordan

truesdel@sun418.nas.nasa.gov (David A. Truesdell) (08/29/90)

jordan@morgan.COM (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>And I thought you were a TCL hacker!  ;-)  Check out tx; it does that
>thing you want ...

Please forgive me for asking the obvious question, but what is "tx", and
where can one find the source for it?
--

T.T.F.N.,
dave truesdell (truesdel@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov)