[comp.windows.x] Postscript Previewer for DS3100

grue@caen.engin.umich.edu (Paul Howell) (08/30/90)

>moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) writes:
!>ssdken@watson.Claremont.EDU (Ken Nelson) writes:
!>I have tried xps, but it doesn't work too well.  Are
!>there any other tools (PD or commercial) that allow me to view
!>Postscript files under X11R4??

>xps users will probably find ralpage
>(expo.lcs.mit.edu:contrib/ralpage.tar.Z) a significant step up.  On a
>DS3100, I found it faster than dxpsview (the Display PS based
>thingmajig) for the demos I tried.

>Note that using a PostScript previewer to preview either TeX or troff
>output (which is frequently what people ask for PS previewers for) is
>not a good idea unless you have embedded PostScript in the document.
>Specialized TeX or troff previewers invariably do a better job. (xdvi,
>xtex or xditview, xproof, xtroff).

	>Mark.

I ftp'd ralpage to give it a try since I'm using X11R4 on a DECStation 3100
and not DECwindows.

However, there is an include file missing, fontstruct.h.  Does anybody
know where I can get a copy?

Thanks.

---
Paul Howell
grue@caen.engin.umich.edu

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (08/30/90)

grue@caen.engin.umich.edu (Paul Howell) writes:
>However, there is an include file missing, fontstruct.h.  Does anybody
>know where I can get a copy?

In the X.V11R[34] source, see server/include/fontstruct.h.  This
should be found automatically if you set the Makefile (or environment)
variable X11 to the topdir of the X11 src tree.

	Mark.