[comp.windows.x] XView documentation probs

rick@cstr.ed.ac.uk (Rick Innis) (08/30/90)

After a painless build of the XView sources I tried printing the conversion
documentation. (The one in xview2/doc/conversionBook.ps). Unfortunately our
LaserWriter II chokes on it; it stops after page 25 (of the PostScript; page
13 of Chapter 1 of the document) with the message

%%[ Error: rangecheck; OffendingCommand: getinterval ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

As the intention was to use XView to port a large SunView system to X, it
would be nice to be able to print this. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone
got a solution?

	--Rick.

samg@texas.vlsi.sgi.com (Sam Gupta) (08/31/90)

In <RICK.90Aug30162011@brodie.cstr.ed.ac.uk> rick@cstr.ed.ac.uk (Rick Innis) writes:

>After a painless build of the XView sources I tried printing the conversion
>documentation. (The one in xview2/doc/conversionBook.ps). Unfortunately our
>LaserWriter II chokes on it; it stops after page 25 (of the PostScript; page
>13 of Chapter 1 of the document) with the message

>As the intention was to use XView to port a large SunView system to X, it
>would be nice to be able to print this. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone
>got a solution?

>	--Rick.

I am having the same problem. I spent a whole afternoon trying to print
the info but no luck. The conversion process Sunview --> XView itself
is fairly complicated aand the manual is a must.

--Sam

Sam Gupta   samg@sgi.com | Silicon Graphics Inc, Mtn View, CA.