[comp.windows.x] Danish fonts

John_Skok_Porterfield@cup.portal.COM (08/27/90)

I have a customer that needs to be able to download Danish fonts. I could
not find any on the tape. Can you help?

Thanks,
Jack.

John_Skok_Porterfield@cup.portal.COM (08/27/90)

Xperts;

I have a customer in Denmark who has requested Danish fonts (preferably
in bdf and/or snf format). Can you help me?

Thanks,
Jack.

geof@aurora.com (Geoffrey H. Cooper) (08/30/90)

In article <9008261638.1.7248@cup.portal.com> John_Skok_Porterfield@cup.portal.COM writes:
>I have a customer in Denmark who has requested Danish fonts (preferably
>in bdf and/or snf format). Can you help me?

The Danish alphabet is identical to the english with the addition of
three characters:

	ae combination (what we might call the ae ligature)
	o with a slash through it
	a with a circle over it

These are conventionally tacked onto the end of the alphabet, as I
recall.

You should be able to modify a font using FED by playing with bitmaps
for a, e, and o.  Then it is just a matter of juggling the encoding.

- Geof
--
geof@aurora.com / aurora!geof@decwrl.dec.com / geof%aurora.com@decwrl.dec.com

>You should be able to modify a font using FED by playing with bitmaps
>for a, e, and o.  Then it is just a matter of juggling the encoding.

Or snarfing one of the ISO Latin #1 fonts and just juggling the
encoding if necessary (i.e., if it's a Danish ISO 646 font the customer
wants, not an ISO 8859/1 font).