[comp.windows.x] xterm for VMS

rkz@scrc.symbolics.COM (Randolph K. Zeitvogel) (08/31/90)

Where do I find an already compiled version of xterm
for VMS 5.3?  I don't have anyway of building one on
the machine.

Randy Zeitvogel
Symbolics MACSYMA division
Internet: rkz@tyrannosaurus.scrc.symbolics.com

iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (09/03/90)

In article <9008311423.AA03346@tyrannosaurus.scrc.symbolics.com> rkz@scrc.symbolics.COM (Randolph K. Zeitvogel) writes:
>Where do I find an already compiled version of xterm
>for VMS 5.3?  I don't have anyway of building one on
>the machine.

See the enclosed article from comp.os.vms regarding xterm for VMS.  You
will need to have DECwindows installed to make use of it.

This xterm appears to be the R3 release.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@orion.oac.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias@uci
uucp:        ...!ucbvax!ucivax!iglesias

From: leonard@arizona.edu
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: xterm for VMS/DECwindows is available
Date: 28 Aug 90 22:15:09 GMT

This is to announce the availability of xterm for VMS/DECwindows.
Xterm is the standard terminal emulator client for X11, and
features a tolerable Tektronix 4014 emulator in addition to a
standard VT102.  Note well that this is not in any way a supported
product.

The port to VMS was done by Stephan Jansen <jansen@madraf.SPAN>
of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Astronomy Dept.

A LZ-compressed backup saveset of xterm is available via anonymous
FTP to Osprey.Telcom.Arizona.EDU [128.196.128.232], in the directory
[SOFTWARE.VMS.XTERM].  The compressed saveset is 2MB.

I do NOT intend to mail this software to anyone.  I can, however,
post it to vmsnet.sources if there is sufficient interest.

Aaron