[comp.windows.x] X User Interface Design Tools - Any Suggestions ??

rodney@solar.card.inpu.oz.au (Rodney Campbell) (09/05/90)

	 In the very near future I may be plunged into the world of X
programming with the design of a user interface module for a large scale
software project. What I wish to know is -

	 Are there any Public Domain or Commercially available X User
	 Interface design programs available -
		   what does it do for me?
		   where do I get them?
		   about how much?

B.T.W.	I am doing development on Sun SparcStations running SUNOS 4.0.3
and 4.1.

				   Thanks in advance.... Rodney...

Rodney Campbell			MHSnet: rodney@solar.card.inpu.oz.au
Telecom Australia		Snail:  8th Floor, 91 York Street
Corporate Customer Division		Sydney 2000.
Integrated Network Products Unit	PO Box A226,Sydney South 2000.
Customer Applications Research 	Phone:  +61 02 364 3346
	& Development		Fax:	+61 02 262 3813

rune.johansen%odin.re.nta.uninett@NAC.NO (Rune Henning Johansen) (09/05/90)

 > From: rodney@solar.card.inpu.oz.au (Rodney Campbell)
 >
 >    In the very near future I may be plunged into the world of X
 > programming with the design of a user interface module for a large scale
 > software project. What I wish to know is -
 >
 >   Are there any Public Domain or Commercially available X User
 >   Interface design programs available -
 >
 >      where do I get them?

Here are two addresses for you:

     TeleUSE:    TeleLOGIC Programsystem AB
                 Teknikringen 2
                 S-583 30 LINKO"PING           Phone: +46 13 21 40 40
                 SWEDEN                        Fax:   +46 13 21 36 25

                 95 London Street
                 Reading RG1 4QA               Phone: +44 734 587055
                 UK                            Fax:   +44 734 589005

 >      what does it do for me?
 >      about how much?

I know almost nothing about X-Designer, but I have used TeleUSE a little.
It's rather good, but I'm of course not able to compare it with other
systems. The price was a little below NOK/SEK 100.000. I'm not sure it's
worth that much.

 - Rune

|   Rune Henning Johansen  |  phone:   + 47 6 809827  |
|   Norwegian Telecom      |  telefax: + 47 6 810076  |
|   Research Department    |  telex:   19 672         |
|   P.O.Box 83             |  teletex: 2421 22 04 04  |
|   N-2007  Kjeller        |                          |
|   X.400:     rune.johansen@odin.re.nta.uninett      |
|   Internett: rune@odin.nta.no                       |