[comp.windows.x] Create Widgets dynamically?

kevin@guardian.cs.psu.edu (Tung-Chia Wang) (09/07/90)

Does anybody know that can we create widgets dynamically?  To say more
specifically, I need create new SimpleMenuWidgets which elements in the
menu are unknown before execution of XtMainLoop() in event handler routine.
Does it can be achieve within X ToolKit and Athena Widget Set?  Or, I
have to use Xlib to do lot of detail things?

--kevin

converse@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (09/07/90)

> Does anybody know that can we create widgets dynamically?  To say more
> specifically, I need create new SimpleMenuWidgets which elements in the
> menu are unknown before execution of XtMainLoop() in event handler routine.
> Does it can be achieve within X ToolKit and Athena Widget Set?

Sure, you can do this.  xmh does it with the folder menus.

doleh@math-cs.kent.edu (Yaser K. Doleh) (09/08/90)

In article <F16whd*1@cs.psu.edu>, kevin@guardian.cs.psu.edu (Tung-Chia
Wang) writes:

> Does anybody know that can we create widgets dynamically?  To say more
> specifically, I need create new SimpleMenuWidgets which elements in the
> menu are unknown before execution of XtMainLoop() in event handler routine.
> Does it can be achieve within X ToolKit and Athena Widget Set?  Or, I
> have to use Xlib to do lot of detail things?
>

> --kevin

Yes, I did it

Yaser Doleh   <doleh@math-cs.kent.edu>
Department Of Mathematics & Computer Science
Kent State University
Kent - OH 44242