[comp.windows.x] By popular demand... color xterm!

tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) (09/13/90)

Due to the great demand, I have placed a complete copy of the xterm
source we have been hacking on here at SGI on expo.  Features include:

1) A mostly rewritten and cleaned up main.c
2) A new scrolling option.  Makes scrolling work faster on some servers,
   and looks better too.
3) Support for ANSI ISO 6429 color text!  Ever wanted to have bold be a
   different color, or have a weird, multi-colored prompt?  Now you can!
4) ANSI color was good enough for us.  We also have special escape
   sequences to change the background color, primary text color, cursor
   color, and mouse colors on the fly!

You an find this stuff on expo.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/color_xterm.tar.Z

Check it out.  Compile it for your machines.  Use it.  Enjoy it.  Just
please don't ask us to support it!  If you have any questions, I can be
contacted as tomw@esd.sgi.com until Sept 19th, and after that as
tom@bears.ucsb.edu.

--
Tom Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems

In article <1990Sep13.090445@epb2.lbl.gov>, envbvs@epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) writes:
> In article <TOMW.90Sep13041256@orac.esd.sgi.com>, tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom
> Weinstein) writes:

> |> You an find this stuff on expo.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/color_xterm.tar.Z

> Don't let the .Z in the name fool you.  It is not really compressed,
> so just use 'tar xvf color_xterm.tar.Z' to extract the source.

Oops.  Silly me.  It's really compressed now.  Sorry about that.

--

envbvs@epb2.lbl.gov (Brian V. Smith) (09/13/90)

Weinstein) writes:
|> Due to the great demand, I have placed a complete copy of the xterm
|> source we have been hacking on here at SGI on expo.  Features include:
|>
|> 1) A mostly rewritten and cleaned up main.c
|> 2) A new scrolling option.  Makes scrolling work faster on some servers,
|>    and looks better too.
|> 3) Support for ANSI ISO 6429 color text!  Ever wanted to have bold be a
|>    different color, or have a weird, multi-colored prompt?  Now you can!
|> 4) ANSI color was good enough for us.  We also have special escape
|>    sequences to change the background color, primary text color, cursor
|>    color, and mouse colors on the fly!
|>
|> You an find this stuff on expo.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/color_xterm.tar.Z
|>
|> Check it out.  Compile it for your machines.  Use it.  Enjoy it.  Just
|> please don't ask us to support it!  If you have any questions, I can be
|> contacted as tomw@esd.sgi.com until Sept 19th, and after that as
|> tom@bears.ucsb.edu.

Don't let the .Z in the name fool you.  It is not really compressed,
so just use 'tar xvf color_xterm.tar.Z' to extract the source.

--
Brian V. Smith    (bvsmith@lbl.gov)
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory

pim@cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) (09/14/90)

tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) writes:

>You an find this stuff on expo.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/color_xterm.tar.Z

Are there any other sites carrying this software for anonymous ftp/uucp ?
The Princeton BITFTP server won't ftp to expo "due to protocol problems".
--
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim@cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim